Welcome to Grade 3 😊
Schedule is attached file at bottom of page.
Thursday, May 28, 2020
1. Opening: -- Prayer – Our Father
-- This Little Light of Mine
-- Pledge of Allegiance
-- Write 3 good sentences.
-- Would you prefer to eat cake or pie? Explain why.
SWBAT: Find examples of onomatopoeia.
1. P. 175:
** Underline the words that help you “hear” what is happening.
2. P. 176 – 177:
** Why do you think the phrase “in my daddy’s arms” is repeated several times?
** Underline two words that help you understand what “spins” means.
3. P. 178 – 179:
** Tell why you think the lines of the poem make this shape.
SWBAT: Develop vocabulary.
4. P. 180:
** Match the vocabulary word with its synonym.
** Name the story character who is described by the clue.
** Write a sentence for each synonym you added in the first column
4. Vocabulary: Workshop
SWBAT: Understand and use homographs.
Homographs are multiple-meaning words that have separate entries in the dictionary.
1. Read about homographs. Notice that they are spelled the same, but have different
2. Practice – Complete each sentence with a homograph from the chart. Write the number
of the homograph whose meaning is shown.
3. Apply – Complete each sentence with a word from the chart.
4. Write a sentence that includes a pair of homographs. If you can, you may write the
sentence at the bottom of page 148.
5. Gym: Get up and exercise for 10 minutes.
6. Religion: Begin Session 23.
SWBAT: Email your 10 Commandments to me, if you haven’t already done so.
SWBAT: Explain that the Holy Spirit helps us live in peace.
1. P. 135
** Examine the picture. How can you tell that the children in this picture are
2. P. 136
** Read “Our Call to Care”
** Answer these questions in you LA notebook:
** 1. When do you send cards? Why do you give cards?
** 2. With the Holy Spirit’s help, how can we live in peace and harmony?
** 3. What is another word for “justice?”
** 4. Who is the source of the help and love that we give to others? Write a sentence
that tells how you care for others.
** Write the letter on P. 136
7. Social Studies: The Branches of Government
SWBAT: Create a tree to identify the branches of government.
1. Show what you know. Draw a tree. Show a branch for each of the 3 branches of
government. For each branch, list at least 3 facts about each. I have attached some samples
for you to look at (see scan). You can use either or create your own. Please bring to class on or before
Friday June 5.
8. Math and Language : ZOOM Lesson at 11:00 AM.
Math – Use models to interpret equivalent fractions.
Language: Practice reading a poem.
9. IXL: Y – 7: Compare fractions in recipes.
10. Closing Prayer -- 3 Hail Mary’s 😊
-- Apostles Creed
Friday, May 29, 2020
Today was to have been Field Day!
As such, there will be no classes tomorrow!! Hooray!!
You will participate in a Field Day activity video set up by Ms. Dolce. The video was sent in a separate email.
You are asked to have someone take pictures of you and share them with me and Mrs. Frisco The email address is:
We will get together again on Monday. 😊